Throughout the day on Friday, August 15th computing services at Newberry will be shut down gradually. Here is the information that you need to know.
NEWBERRY LAB SHUTDOWN SCHEDULE (August 15)
|Michigan Lab||all computers & Apollo printer||8:00 a.m.|
|Ontario Lab||all computers & Juno printer||10:00 a.m.|
|Superior Lab||computers 75-86||1:30 p.m.|
|Superior Lab*||remaining computers||3:30 p.m.|
|Superior Lab**||Jupiter printer||4:50 p.m.|
**Public access to Superior lab ends at 4:50 p.m. to permit final shutdown.
AVAILABILITY OF WIRELESS SERVICE
MWireless and MGuest wireless service will be available at Newberry throughout the day, Friday, August 15th. Participants who remain on campus beyond the 15th will be able to use MGuest wireless service.
EXPIRY OF SPONSORSHIPS OF U-M UNIQNAMESAs of Saturday, August 16th all temporary U-M uniqnames issued to participants will expire. Expired temporary accounts cannot be reactivated. This has several implications for participants:
- no access to MWireless
- no access to the M+Google account
- no access to any CTOOLS site that they joined using their temporary uniqname
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Back up any work saved to the lab computers! The lab computer hard drives will be wiped as part of the shutdown process. Anything stored on those hard drives will be permanently deleted. Recovery of user files will be impossible.
- Download workshop/course files from the Summer Program file share (i.e., the [z] drive) before you leave Ann Arbor. The files will not be accessible remotely.
- If you used the M+Google account (Gmail, Docs, etc.) associated with your temporary uniqname export your mail and files if you want to retain them.
- If you used your temporary U-M uniqname to access CTOOLS that access will end August 16th. Make sure that you download any materials that you want available after that date.
If you have any questions about the shutdown of computing services, please visit Newberry Room 103 or email email@example.com